Ms. Schiller holds a Bachelor of Arts in English literature and Gender Studies from Washington University in St. Louis and a Master of Arts in Cultural Anthropology from Duke University. She earned her Juris Doctor from Tulane University Law School, where she served as Managing Editor of the Tulane Journal of Law & Sexuality. Prior to joining Schulman Bhattacharya, Ms. Schiller worked for a regional commercial litigation firm, where she assisted in representing corporations and individuals in all stages of complex commercial controversies. Ms. Schiller has considerable experience handling cases in federal and state courts and with domestic arbitrations.
Ms. Schiller’s recent experience includes the following:
- Assisted in defending cargo air carrier in various union disputes, including union efforts to vacate an arbitration award issued pursuant to the Railway Labor Act.
- Advised cargo air carrier on compliance with the Railway Labor Act’s dispute resolution process and ensured preparation for strikes and lockouts.
- Assisted in advocating on behalf of Chief Operating Officer of major healthcare company in corporate bankruptcy dispute.
- Assisted in defending international restaurant chain in trademark and contract dispute to prevent termination of a license valued at over $20 million.
- Assisted in briefing in New York arbitration before the AAA involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty against a major national bank resulting in a $12 million settlement.
Recent News about Ms. Schiller
- Schulman Bhattacharya Prevails After Filing California Federal Court Action—Major Internet Commerce Companies Yield To Demand To Block On-Line Sales Transactions For VSL#3 Product
7500 Old Georgetown Road, Suite 901
Bethesda, Maryland 20814